Re: [TowerTalk] My Digging "the Hole" story

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My Digging "the Hole" story
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 02:04:40 +0000
But what about all those bats flying around the place ....

73, Dick, W1KSZ

> From: jd_hudson@comcast.net> To: towertalk@contesting.com> Date: Mon, 15 Sep
> 2008 21:02:30 -0500> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My Digging "the Hole" story> >
> Kirb> When in qso and when the talk moves to antenna restrictions I always
> tell> people that I live across from a secluded neighborhood with 400-500>
> residents that never complain...and if they do, I'M MOVING!!!!!!!> > Wish I
> had cemeteries on all 4 sides, best neighbors.> > > 73> > John> KO4XJ>
> www.w4nja.org/ko4xj.htm> > > > > -----Original Message-----> From: Kirb
> Nesbitt [mailto:k.nesbitt@shaw.ca] > Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 7:43
> PM> To: John Hudson> Cc: towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk]
> My Digging "the Hole" story> > John,> at least your neighbors won't complain
> too much about the TVI, however> if they do, I definitely would NOT answer
> the door.> Good luck with the build.> > Kirb - VE6IV> -- --> > John Hudson
> wrote:> > On several occasions the question comes up about how or who to get
> to the> >
 dig the whole for tower base. Well I made the comment a few weeks ago that> I>
> was digging a base for a TX-455 and I was going to use a gas powered post> >
hole digger and "punch" holes in the ground then dig by hand. I don't mind> >
doing things like that ..but.. someone said they got a grave digger to do> >
his dirt work since they dig pretty straight and have experience in> keeping> >
the walls from collapsing. I just happen to live across the street from a> >
cemetery and just happen to see a guy digging a grave today and I got him> to>
> dig my hole for $45. now I'll tell you up front, I ain't a smart man but I> >
know when to pull out the green stamps.> > > > > > > > Just wanted to pass this
along> > > > > > > > > > > > 73> > > > > > > > John> > > > KO4XJ> >
www.w4nja.org/ko4xj.htm> > > > > > > >