Re: [TowerTalk] Separation between tower and trees.

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ve3fh@rogers.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Separation between tower and trees.
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:29:58 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/2008 9:02:12 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I am installing an 80' Trylon self-supporting tower behind a  row of red
pine
trees which are about 35 to 40' tall.
What would be a  safe distance between them? I cannot cut down the trees.

    As long as you've got enough room to rotate the  antenna, all of the
trees can be that close.

    In this case since the antenna is going to be  over the top of the
canopy, the only consideration is how much room you need  to install the
antenna.

    I'm not sure if you're asking because of  perceived foliage RF absorption
(on HF, it's negligible) or for installation  purposes.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH