Re: [TowerTalk] TIC RING

To: <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC RING
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:15:06 -0400
Bill

 TIC ring rotors have been in desing evolution since there conception  of Polar
Reasearch days.  As Stated Carl Anderson is fantastic about helping over come
manufacturing and install problems , IMHO  has great support.

As stated in other replies, my only other advice is to BUILD Each Tic Ring on
the tower AT GROUND LEVEL. I then MARK each peice as to where id go's and
disassemble them.       This avoids any install problems and familurizes your
self with the assemnlies.. .Better There then hanging from the towere at
height. You can leave some parts in a pre assemble configuration to aid in
install.

 As for climbing over. I climb over them at one of the tower apex. Fall arest
on top release Belt and step up on the TIC ring.  1022 , 1122 are real easy
1032 just a little more thought .

 YMMV
 Wayne W3EA

> From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:54:38 -0400> To:
> TOWERTALK@contesting.com> Subject: [TowerTalk] TIC RING> > The design of the
> KT36XA is such that it is possible (barely) to sidemount > it and have it
> rotate around 135 degrees. However, it can not be put on a > swing arm to
> achieve 300 degree rotation. The front driven and the first > director are
> too close to do the old swing arm on Rohn 55.> > > I am considering buying
> several TIC RINGS from TICGEN. Any comments on the > factory service,
> dependabilty, ease of assembly, which control box to get and > just general
> stuff would be appreciated. Also, just how hard is it to climb > the tower
> and get past the TIC ring as you climb? It looks like it juts out > quite a
> bit.> > The model I am planning to get is the 1122E which has one motor and
> is > supposed to handle 20 sq ft. I plan to use it for KT36XAs and a M2 4 el
> 40 (13.5 > sq ft).> > Mahalo and 73> > Bill KH7XS > > **************New
> MapQuest Local shows w
 hat's happening at your destination. > Dining, Movies, Events, News & more.
Try it out > (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)>
See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your
life.