Re: [TowerTalk] TIC RING

To: wc1m@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC RING
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:52:54 -0600
Dick,

I have been using the method you describe for years, except the part
about using the hooks.  If I visualize the method correctly, you are
hanging on with one hand and then clipping and unclipping with the other
hand, with your body bent around that ring.  I shudder at that method.
In my opinion forget about the fiddling with those hooks.  Try and keep
both hands attached to the tower as long as possible or at the very
least release your hand grip and grasp the next level as quickly as
possible.  You want to move around that ring as fast as reasonable, and
not fiddle with anything else.  The longer you have to hang on with one
hand, the more susceptible you become to fatigue and failure.

Doug

"Those Island days are always on my mind,
Someday I'm going to leave it all behind."