Re: [TowerTalk] short multiband dipole and 'isolation coils'

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] short multiband dipole and 'isolation coils'
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:51:02 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to all for the good comments on the hy power antennas.  I'm going to go
ahead with the antenna however I'm going to get one rather then ordering 2
right away.  I had a couple comments that I would probably not notice much
difference in the directivity with the 90 degree offset dipoles.  I figured
that the directivity on 80 and 160 would be pretty questionable but thought I'd
notice it on 40 so I think I'll just put up a full size 40M dipole at 90
degrees from the hi power 40/80/160 and see what I think.

Thanks again,

Gary Slagel/N0SXX
Hot Springs, SD
http://marina.fortunecity.com/sanpedro/351