Re: [TowerTalk] 2 antennas selection

To: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 antennas selection
From: "Chad WE9V" <chad.we9v@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:04:55 -0600
Tom VE3CX gives a good solution.

Another possibility is to use the Top Ten A/B switch (see
http://www.qth.com/topten/abss.htm) for each band you have two antennas, and
put this before (the antenna side) of the Sixpak.

I chose something similar to Tom's suggestion to use two sixpacks, but
instead, I homebrewed a ten-pack.  I also have a "primary/secondary" toggle
switch with throws a small 4PDT relay.  The common is the band decoder
output, the NC goes to my primary antenna select control signal to the
ten-pack, the NC contact goes to the secondary antenna's control signal to
the ten-pack.  Whenever I'm on a band that has two antennas, regardless of
band, this single switch will take me from my main antenna to my secondary
antenna.  I have another primary/secondary switch on my 2nd radio's as
well.  Upon reflection, you could also send these control signals to the A/B
switches above and just use one sixpack.

The benefits of using two sixpacks (or similar) is that you can listen on
the other radio on the same band.  The A/B method doesn't allow this.

73,
Chad WE9V