Re: [TowerTalk] 2 antennas selection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 antennas selection
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 14:39:25 -0200
Thanks Tom, Pete and Chad,

from the diferent options maybe will be the Top Ten A/B for the moment.

A second SixPack is good but very expensive, and really we are starting in
Muti Single, so two radios listening in the same band as Chad suggest are
far away from our operation posibilities, hi hi.

A stackmatch is posible, I have one for a stack of 3 monobanders in 10 mts.
I think you need to have similar antennas to stack, since I have a Yagi and
a Delta Loop don´t know if will be good in my 40 and 20 mts situation (Yagi
and delta loops)

The A/B device seems is what I have in mind, I don´t find the manual, but
seems you can install it before the antenna side of the SixPack and remotely
swith from the desk in a way i don´t see in
<http://www.qth.com/topten/abss.htm> http://www.qth.com/topten/abss.htm

I also have a Bandmaster from Array Solution that I not installed yet, but
hope the A/B from Top Ten will work when I have it installed.

The idea is to have in the operation position the SixPack control box, the
StackMatch for 10 mts control box, and another small boxes for the other
bands where I have more than one antenna, actually 20 and 40 mts. and NO
coaxials in the desk!.

I also have 2 beverages. I use a TS850SAT with the mod for RX antenna. And a
MFJ-1700C antenna selector that allows me to select manually any TX antenna
and any RX antenna (the main TX and the beverages). I have actually it
installed to select the RX antennas until i find a better solution for the
RX.

Thanks,!
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W