Re: [TowerTalk] tower resonances

To: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower resonances
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:15:58 -0800
Dan Zimmerman N3OX wrote:

> That's different from putting up the four square and feeling really good
> about it even though it didn't actually make you any louder.

Hey, I've got a whole garage full of stuff that made me feel better when
I bought it, even if I never even ran RF through it, but just thought I
might sometime in the future.  And it was money well spent (maybe not
well spent, but enjoyably anyway)..

> A contest station's brand new fancy array that doesn't actually work right
> could be replaced by a good pre-contest pep rally  with cheerleaders and
> beer.  Not necessarily a bad idea, but it doesn't actually do a darn thing
> for your signal.

No need for extra portapotties with the array, but beer is good.
Cheerleaders? I think the proverbial cold day is more likely to occur
than cheerleaders (in the athletic contest sense) for the "radio team"
at a school.

My cousin used to race cars and he said never underestimate the
psychological value of shiny new gear.