Re: [TowerTalk] tower resonances

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower resonances
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:16:28 -0800 (PST)
Michael Tope wrote:

> If there is no unintentional mutual coupling to nearby structures and
> assuming that the array elements are identical, then you should get Z11
> = Z22 = Z33 to within measurement error. If you've got a nearby tower
> interacting with the array, then I would expect to see differences in
> Z11, Z22, and Z33 (again this assumes that Z11, Z22, and Z33 are
> mechanical identical).
>
> 73, Mike W4EF......

Yes, true in theory.  However, the ground losses of the elements
also have to be identical.  I have a huge ground screen in an open
field with nothing nearby and I still don't get exactly identical
values for Znn.  In any event, it would be useful to be able to
have a methodology that works OK with imperfect elements.

Rick N6RK