Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:33:24 -0500
The only time I have verified EZNEC being different from my real world
measurements is usually because of some error I put into the model or
something I left out of the model.  However I can't do comparisons of
high dipoles and verticals on 160 at my station because I don't have
them.  I can look at data generated by others (who are likely to not be
in error) and check that with EZNEC.  In the case of 160 (and only 160)
I can't get their results to agree with EZNEC.  So I'm wondering if
there is some magic on 160 that says a vertical get a special advantage,
and what the heck is it?

EZNEC says a 300 ft high dipole on 160 beats a quarter wave vertical at
all elevation angles under 54 degrees even if I assume zero near field
ground loss for the vertical.  Real world data disagrees.

By the way, this disagreement doesn't exist on 80 meters.

Jerry, K4SAV