[TowerTalk] Help w/ Hy-Gain TH-6

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help w/ Hy-Gain TH-6
From: "Mark, K5ER" <k5er@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 00:05:59 -0500
Hi Guys,

        I'm rebuilding a Hy-gain TH-6DXX. Notwithstanding the fact that I have
three somewhat different manuals, I am almost done with the assembly. When
replacing the feed / matching section, I see that the wires from the BN-86
balun to the driven element (not supplied) are to be 7 inches of #12 wire.
I already have these cut and ready.

        There are also wires from the driven element(s) to the beta tubes. These
were missing from the antenna, and the book does not give a length. They
are simply listed as item #86, Hy-Gain part # 878561 pigtail leads. I'm
guessing that since this is part of the hairpin matching, the length is
somewhat critical. The book shows they have solder lugs on the ends, and I
assume they are #12 wire as well. Can anyone help me out with how long
these pigtails should be?

Thanks & 73

Mark, K5ER