Re: [TowerTalk] trees as antennas

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] trees as antennas
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:05:17 -0400
IIRC (note that is all caps <G>) I've seen a number of write ups on the
"tree antenna" which were basically unsuccessful and one that was
published on April  1st<:-))

Trees are big resistors with wide variations in conductivity, but in
general I think you will find the resistivity quite high.   As is
mentioned below by Jerry, I'd think the feed line would radiate much
better than the tree.

73

Roger (K8RI)