[TowerTalk] utility poles with steps

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] utility poles with steps
From: "Rudy Severns" <n6lf@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 08:14:53 -0700
Many years ago (at least 40) I had a pole installed but before erecting it,
I installed the galvanized steel screw-in steps which used to be common.  I
could then climb the pole without spurs or a bucket lift.

However, I haven't seen any of these steps for many years.  I don't know if
they are still available.  I got mine for free but today they might be
expensive if available.  I would not advise using any home made steps.  It's
a long way down with a sudden stop at the bottom.

73, Rudy N6LF