Re: [TowerTalk] Chicken Wire Ground Screen

To: <k2xx@swva.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chicken Wire Ground Screen
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:18:06 -0500
We used to use two 100' by 4' rolls of galvanized chicken wire laid out in a +
pattern for a Field Day Vertical.  It worked well but was not permanent.  We
attached the wires to the ground lug of the antenna with split-bolts and short
pieces of 12 Ga solid wire. We held the chicken wire down with plastic tent
pegs.

How long it lasts in a permanent installation will depend on the acidity of the
soil.  The higher the acidity, the faster the Zinc will go away and once it is
gone the steel will be shortly behind.

Clint - W5CPT