Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Hardware And Ring Lugs

To: w2lk@bk-lk.com,jimc@pwrone.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Hardware And Ring Lugs
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:39:35 -0400
Taking a cue from the housings used to protect temperature sensors
from the impact of direct sunshine, why not consider a sunshade for
the radial plate?  Not only would it slow deterioration due to UV,
other chemical processes like corrosion should proceed much more
slowly at lower temperatures - if I recall my high school chemistry
correctly, chemical reactions double in speed for every 10 degrees
Celsius increase in temperature.

73, Pete N4ZR