[TowerTalk] Cable Glands

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable Glands
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:13:36 -0500
I have recently been exposed to several weatherproof enclosures using
cable glands.  On the face of it, these devices seem to be a significant
improvement over traditional ham radio weatherproofing techniques, which
often rely on electrical tape or RTV for sealing.  I'm wondering,
though, if a single gland can be used with more than one wire.  I have
one situation where I want to bring a single wire and a small coaxial
cable through one, and am a little skeptical about the integrity of the
seal when this is done.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com