Re: [TowerTalk] dxengineering U-bolts froze??

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dxengineering U-bolts froze??
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:13:57 -0700
I was well aware of the galling problem, but one
time I had a SS U bolt and some SS nylok nuts.
I wanted to thread the nylok nuts onto the U bolt
just to keep everything together so the nylok nuts
would not get lost.  If you are familiar with nylok
nuts, you know that they cannot be threaded on by
hand and need a little help from a wrench.  I was
shocked to find that even this modest amount of
resistance was enough to seize up the threads!
I thought I could get away without the anti-sieze.
Now I religiously apply anti-sieze to all SS
fasteners.  You can buy it at any auto parts store.

Rick N6RK