Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping TV Mast Installation questions

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping TV Mast Installation questions
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:48:00 -0700
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:25:37 -0500, Rob Atkinson wrote:

>When you plan an antenna project, it is always a
>good idea to think about how you are going to undo what you are
>planning on putting up,

Yup!  Or to fix what's up there when it breaks.

On the other hand, a push-up can be a useful tool for temporary
installations for which it is an adequate solution. I currently
have a 4-el 10M Yagi on a push-up at about 20 ft in my back yard
so that I could check it out and tweak its tuning. A few months
before, I had a 15M Yagi in the same tuning position. In both
instances, the mast is/was very well guyed, and it's easily
withstood several storms with gusts in the 60 mph range.

And I wouldn't feel too badly about something for 6M and/or 2M on
a mast like that for Field Day. Remember -- just because it CAN go
to 50 ft doesn't mean that it SHOULD go to 50 ft. :)

73,

Jim K9YC