Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping TV Mast Installation questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping TV Mast Installation questions
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:18:25 -0400
When TV was young my family had a 50 foot Rohn Push up mast.  Ours was
installed ground mount next to the house.  This was about 1953.
I remember there were two types of house mounting.  There was a flat plate
to mount the mast
on a flat portion of the roof.  There was also a mount for the top of the
roof that fit the pitch.  A TV repair man made a living for a number of
years
installing these with a Channel master TV antenna at the top.

I was located 150 miles from New Orleans and TV station WDSU required such
an installation for decent reception.  We were happy when TV stations in
Jackson, Ms  Baton Rouge, and Monroe appeared at 70 to 90 miles.

I watched these TV pros install several of these in our area and after
putting one up at Field day years later I suggest a professional
installation.

Dave K4JRB