Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping TV Mast Installation questions

To: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping TV Mast Installation questions
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:18:15 -0700
I wasn't following this until just now, but where are you located?

The 50' telescoping masts (Rohn H50 etc.) have to be guyed every 10' in
three or four directions, so that's 15 to 20 guys.  If you want to use
an inverted vee with one, you don't want to use metallic guys (as are
normally used); the masts can be safely guyed using Dacron, Kevlar, etc.
ropes that are tensioned by turnbuckles.

I've put up a lot of these things over the years, there's a science to
it for sure!

WB2WIK/6