Re: [TowerTalk] thrust bearings in the market

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] thrust bearings in the market
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 18:09:23 -0300
Thanks all for the feedback!

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:29 PM

On 5/19/2010 12:38 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use to have a TB25 thrust bearings
> http://gmesupply.com/product_info.php/cPath/268/products_id/55960
>
> How about this one? Something to take care in the future with this model?

I have two of these and have had three TB-3's or which one is still good.
The TB25 has a much better fit and finish and is much smoother than the
TB-3, BUT it doesn't have as heavy a ratings as the TB-3.  When you put
them side by side the TB25 is noticeably of much lighter construction
than the TB-3.

How well it will stand up compared to the TB-3 in the real world of ham
radio? I don't know, but by *appearances* (which is no real indicator)
it will not take the abuse that the TB-3's do on a regular basis and
keep on kicking.

73

Roger (K8RI)