Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Harness-My Choice

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Harness-My Choice
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 01:44:13 -0700

My hesitation in buying the safety cable was simply that I didn't want
to trust my life to a spring gripping system I suspected I wouldn't be
able to see (I've never seen one in person so I wasn't certain how
enclosed the mechanism was).  At least with the gorilla hooks, I can see
that they are closed and that the safety latch has been been locked in
place each time.

The gorilla hooks release and open all in the same hand gripping motion,
so it is not appreciably slower than simply climbing or descending.

In addition, I can use the two hooks and safety straps to climb around
the tower and suspend myself wherever I might need to work so that both
hands are free.  That wouldn't be as workable with the safety cable
unless I brought along extra straps anyway.

73,
Dave   AB7E