Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Harness-My Choice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Harness-My Choice
From: "D Calder" <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 07:18:07 -0400
Absolutely correct. (partially)

Safety climbs like Tuf-tug and others are to be used to get to where you
want to be and that's it. You shouldn't even rest on them. You always clip
off somewhere when resting or when you have gotten to your working place.

gorilla hooks (Pelican hooks) we call them will allow you to slide off the
climbing peg. So if we don't have a safety climb, you have to use a lanyard
with a small hook that can't come off the end of the climbing peg. But then
again, hope the climbing peg is seated all the way in! I have went to
step on them before on a monopole, and it came out and down it went! It
wasn't screwed in and the nut wasn't locked down well enough.

commercial stuff.

Show me where it says this? I have been to comtrain class, and other courses
and have never heard they are 100% required. Just 100% tie off is.

73Dave
n4zkf