Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Harness-My Choice

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, Tower <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Harness-My Choice
From: Dick Green WC1M <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:38:50 -0400
I took another look at the Black Diamond Y-lanyard with fall arrest. The
model I saw at the show, which has a better lock-and-release mechanism on
the gorilla hooks, isn¹t available yet. Probably won¹t be until Fall at the
earliest, or more likely Spring.

In thinking it through, I think the downside to shorter lanyards is that you
have you clip/unclip more often. With my Petzl industrial Y-lanyard with
fall arrest, the 6¹ lanyards allow me to climb three rungs before
clipping/unclipping. Shorter lanyard would only allow one or two steps,
right?

73, Dick WC1M