Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rotor Speed

To: <kip@kdream.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rotor Speed
From: "Stan Stockton" <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:26:49 -0500
Kip,

I believe the best system is one like Green Heron Engineering offers
which will allow you to ramp the speed up at the beginning of rotation
and ramp down toward the end of rotation - all programmable for duration
of ramp and range of ramping speed over that time.  In between the ramp
up and the ramp down, the faster it can go (also programmable) and still
allow it to stop where you want it, the better.

I have had the tips of my 40M elements traveling at a speed of 7 feet
per second without any hint of a problem.  That equates to a little more
than 1 RPM.

Stan, K5GO