[TowerTalk] M2 OR2800 Terminal Box Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 OR2800 Terminal Box Question
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:28:29 -0400
I am putting together the diecast terminal box for my M2 OR2800 rotator.
This is a sealed diecast box that mounts on the tower just under the
rotator. It connects to the rotator by a short cable and the rotator cable
to the shack also enters this box.   I have a couple of questions.

1)    This is a sealed box but I am thinking that it might be a good idea to
drill a small weep hole at the bottom of the box. 1/8 hole maybe. Is this is
a good idea.

2)   This rotator uses a pulse positioning sensor and this pulse signal is
fed via a shielded cable as part of the rotator cable assembly. I have
grounded this shield at the bottom of the tower and at the SPG. I think that
I should ground the shield at the top of the tower inside this box as well.
I have added a small grounding pigtail attached to a screw inside the
diecast box. Is grounding the shield here a good idea?

73 Mark N1UK