[TowerTalk] Tower Permitting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Permitting
From: "Wilson Lamb" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:57:46 -0400
We need to direct our energy to electing and leaning on politicians instead
of talking abut how hard it is to get permits.  As long as we elect people
who are dedicated to meddling in our lives, we will have these problems, and
many others!

When I built my house, for me to live in, I was told how many electrical
outlets I had to have and how they had to be spaced along the wall!  I was
also told how much Romex had to be left hanging out of the boxes before the
receptacles were installed!  Of course there were MANY similar requirements.

If your tower cannot fall on anyone else's property or on a power line, it
should not be abyone else's concern!  If everyone keeps rolling over for
these people, we will eventually be paralyzed completely.

As long as there are hundreds of people hired to write codes, they will
continue to make them more restrictive.  What else can they do to justify
their existence?  And as long as the codes are there, thousands more people
will be hired to enforce them and those people will bother us.  What else
can they do to justify their salaries?

We need a basic safety code, because many do it yourselfers are clueless and
many contractors are without conscience, but it should be basic and no more.

And don't depend on codes, even though they are now many hundreds of pages
long, so long that there are architects who do little but consult on meeting
them.  Look what they get us...poison drywall and my friends furnace vented
into his ducts and his family's fingernails all turned blue from carbon
monoxide!

OK, my rant is finished, although much abbreviated.

73,
Wilson
W4BOH