Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Permitting

To: Richard Solomon <w1ksz@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Permitting
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:23:53 -0400
I certainly understand Wilson's inferred complaint that government isn't
responsive to the wishes of the people. If we look at the election results
over the past few years, and how the incumbent candidates/parties have
suffered defeat after defeat, it would seem that "reform is at hand."
However, the same special interest groups donate huge amounts of cash to
PAC's, the candidates' campaigns and the political parties. Their money
drives TV ads, direct mailings (I'm getting 3 or 4 pieces every day now) and
telephone banks, and it is the rare election where the candidate that spends
the most money doesn't win.

IMO, none of this will come to pass until we have campaign financing reforms
and term limits. The political machines have shown, time after time, that
they're not willing to make these serious changes - they are the people in
power and they like it that way!

Be thankful we have some limited pre-emption of the ability of local
government to totally ban amateur radio towers, or that would be the state
of things except in rural America.

Time will tell whether or not this is the case in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Richard Solomon <w1ksz@q.com> wrote:

> And here, all these years, I thought most of those regulations came
> about as the result of someone trying to cut corners and produce an
> inferior product.
> "One-Nail Noonan" always comes to mind. Does anyone remember the
> Vandenberg Shuttle Facility debacle ??
>

> 73, Dick, W1KSZ

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.