Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:19:18 -0800
Tom Anderson wrote:
> 8 foot ground rods are usually at most home inprovement centers like
> Home Depot or Lowe's.  However, I did see some 10 footers at a Home
> Depot near Beaver Creek Colorado in the summer of 2009. Haven't seen
> any 10 footers anyplace else where you can just walk in and buy them.
>

> Tom, WW5L

Yeah, and that's a problem, because the code requires 8 feet to be in
contact with the soil.

You can get 10 foot rods at any electrical equipment supplier.
Virtually all of them sell over the counter although it's true that some
of the bigger places want you to have an open account, etc. You just
call around.  (granted, I don't know how big Beaver Creek is.. isn't it
up in the ski country near Vail?)

One way to find a place is to call an electrical contractor and ask them
where they get their stuff.