[TowerTalk] Fractal Antennas, Chip Cohen (N1IR) on Nova Last Night

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Discussions of Antennas and Related Topics <antenna-discussion@antennex.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fractal Antennas, Chip Cohen (N1IR) on Nova Last Night
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:39:26 -0500
  Nova did a presentation on fractals last night, and there was about a
five minute segment with N1IR and fractal antennas.  Apparently, they're
finding applications in cell phones and the like.  Although I don't
remember the details, N1IR took a lot of heat from some members of the
various ham antenna forums when he first proposed his ideas.  I guess
that was about ten years ago.  Have he and his concepts now been vindicated?

Just curious.

73, Joe
K2XX