Re: [TowerTalk] Fractal Antennas, Chip Cohen (N1IR) on Nova Last Night

To: Andy <ai.egrps@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fractal Antennas, Chip Cohen (N1IR) on Nova Last Night
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:03:40 -0800
Andy wrote:
> I didn't watch that Nova, but IIRC it was from about 2 years ago.
>
> Was it that long ago (10 years?) that fractal antennas came out?
>
> There's some fellas here in the northeast USA (don't know if N1IR is
> one of them) who have been in business developing fractal antennas ...
> it seems the military has some interest in them

He is.

> If the military is interested in fractal antennas, there's no saying
> how long people will keep working on them, even if they don't work.

There's always interest in unusual combinations of things, if only to
satisfy a question "have we looked at everything"..

A few million dollars will keep a pretty good sized horde of grad
students busy for many years.  Some of the stuff they develop might be
useful, some might not, but those students gain valuable experience in
doing so.