Re: [TowerTalk] [Antenna-discussion] Fractal Antennas, Chip Cohen (N1IR)

To: Discussions of Antennas and Related Topics <antenna-discussion@antennex.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Antenna-discussion] Fractal Antennas, Chip Cohen (N1IR) on Nova Last Night
From: David Jefferies <eryptick@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:59:14 +0000
Hmm. The interaction of character with a not-very-sound idea about bent wire
antennas hasn't been very helpful in this case. It IS possible to shrink an
antenna dipole by periodically bending the wires. See my articles in
antenneX on the zagis. You can't make a true fractal antenna as the wire
would be indefinitely long and the efficiency would tend to zero with the
losses. But this is not the way the authors use the word "fractal" so I
think you might say there is some sense to the proposals.

regards

David Jefferies

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rabinal/