Re: [TowerTalk] W3NQN BC Filter Capacitor Values and Availability

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W3NQN BC Filter Capacitor Values and Availability
From: "Kenneth Goodwin" <krgoodwin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 13:25:35 -0500
I had somewhat the same problem with some capacitors ordered from Mouser
which showed availability in August 2011.  I wonder if the Japan situation
is impacting the capacitor supplies?

From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>

On the broader subject, the ARRL really doesn't have the resources to verify

the availability of parts in projects.  I'm happy to hear about alternate
sources and substitutes, though, and try to get the word out.  As with
nearly all ham radio projects, the builder needs to approach published
projects (from any source) with the understanding that they are not kits and

may require "flexibility". We're all bright guys and gals here and can
figure this out or ask for help!

73, Ward N0AX
Lead Editor, ARRL Handbook