Re: [TowerTalk] >>Ameritron RCS-4 remote switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] >>Ameritron RCS-4 remote switch
From: "Clint Talmadge W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 16:55:40 -0500
The wall wart for the RCS-4 is an AC (not DC) wall wart - hardly standard.
The control box rectifies the voltage Positive for one, Negative for another
and sends the AC up the line for the third.  The fourth is selected when the
control box sends no voltage up the coax.

Clint Talmadge - W5CPT

<Roger (K8RI) said>
If the "wall wart" is of standard voltage why both even using it.  I wire
mine right into the DC supply.
I do use the remote switches with wired control rather than the ones that
use the coax and decoding.  It's just a matter of preference but I see the
decoder as just one more thing to fail.  Likewise I mount the remote
switches near the bottom of the tower... Just out of reach so it takes a
step ladder or about a 5' climb. (just as a deterent)

73

Roger (K8RI)