Re: [TowerTalk] Complex Guying Question

To: n4zr@contesting.com, TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Complex Guying Question
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 14:06:45 -0700
Your "problem" (not sure you have one) is the difference in stretch of
the Phillystran vs EHS.  Adding more tension to the Philly helps that a
bit, but at the cost of a lot more column load on the tower.  Doubling
the Philly or going up a size yields less stretch and in what the tower
can stand for wind load.

Take a look at the K7NV analysis of tower guys - it is very instructive
about what is going on in a tower with mixed guy materials at
http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Guyed_tower_study    That analysis
shows that your pier pin base is a real plus.

Grant KZ1W