Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT45 cable

To: ab7r@cablespeed.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT45 cable
From: dotravel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:01:10 -0400 (EDT)
Greg, once you take the sections apart is becomes very obvious -- fear not,  it
is very easy, especially if it is a two section tube tower.  You may want to
add a thimble to your collection of stuff for the lower end of of the wire that
pulls up the internal section.

Be absolutely sure that the pulley that lifts the internal section  is PERFECT
because you don't want to replace it later, and while you are at it give the
winch a good servicing.

I also add a bit of heavy wheel bearing grease to the bottom section or the
internal tube where it contacts the inside of the lower tube.

Oh, be sure that there are no dents in the lower section that would impede the
passage of the upper section -- I have several fixes for dents but just hope
you don't have any.

Regards, John NA6L