[TowerTalk] Hy-tower Vertical with 160M Vertical next to it

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-tower Vertical with 160M Vertical next to it
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 07:13:25 -0800 (PST)
All,

I've got a Hygain Hy-tower that I use primarily for 80M but it also loads
nicely on 10 thru 40.  I'm thinking of running a 160M vertical up the side of
the hy-tower, supported by the hytower but spaced 6 to 12 inches away.
Insulated from the tower of couse.  The 160 vertical will be either an inverted
L or something with a loading coil somewhere near the center.  I'll use the
same radial field I"m using with the hy-tower and feed it via a remote antenna
switch... MFJ-4712 switch or something like that.

Is this worth experimenting with?  In particular I'm wondering
     1) is there is a problem sharing the radial field and also
     2) do I risk messing up the performance of the hy-tower on 80M.  It seems
to work well now.

Thanks for your help and comments.

Gary Slagel
N0SXX