Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-tower Vertical with 160M Vertical next to it

To: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-tower Vertical with 160M Vertical next to it
From: WA8JXM <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:21:35 -0500
That should work out pretty well.   I have had the same thoughts about a
Hy-Tower if I ever got one.

No problem sharing the radial field.   If possible you might increase the
field, it can only help, especially on 160.

I would go the inverted L direction.   If you were just going to run a short
wire next to the Hy-Tower and use a base loading coil, I wouldn't bother with
the additional wire, IIRC, Hygain has a 160m loading coil for the Hy-Tower.
But the inverted L would be a much better solution IMO.

Ken