Re: [TowerTalk] Static source ?

To: ka1lmr@yahoo.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Static source ?
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:25:59 -0500 (EST)
Hello OM, you might try using 2m and a multielement hand held yagi to
further pin point the source. The receiver needs to be on SSB as you probably
already know.

You can further refine the technique by using a pair of yagis, fed out of
phase to look for a null in the noise instead of a peak. The null would be
quite  sharp compared to a peak, which could be 50 or more degrees at the
-3dB points,  depending on the size of the yagi used.

Happy hunting!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 11/23/2011 8:15:45 P.M. Central Standard Time,