Re: [TowerTalk] SSV How-To

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SSV How-To
From: Rick Kunze <rick@colusanet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 09:55:55 -0800
At 09:31 AM 11/27/2011, you wrote:
>and yes, I to ran several BBS' back in the day

I had a feeling there'd be BBS types out there.  It's rather nice
that this ham crowd, by and large, isn't too cluttered with the
"jargon du jour" of the "texting while in the crosswalk" generation.

I guess I should mention that I'm preparing to erect another tower
that I'm sure is more relevant here; it'll be a 25G at somewhere in
the 60' to 100' range.  I haven't yet been able to determine how high
it'll have to be, but I've already received 60' of it and the
base.  This will be on a desolate hill top at 400' MSL, also in the
north Sacramento Valley.  I guess I'll shoot pictures of the whole
thing again and add it to that web site, which certainly seems to
have taken on a life of its own.

This next tower project will involve bringing an auger (tractor) out
there, boring a hole, and doing exactly what is specified on Rohn's
guidelines for a 25G with the tilt-over base.  (I may opt to build
25G J-bolts into the center of a 45G foundation but that is still
undecided.)  Needless to say this will be guyed.  It will also be
solar powered, with a single panel producing 175 watts of 24V; the
panel is 32" x 62".  This is for wireless broadband Internet use . .
. at least.  <cackle>

Rk
K6ISP