Re: [TowerTalk] 10M phased verticals

To: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10M phased verticals
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:45:41 -0500
On 2011-11-29, at 1:37 PM, K8RI wrote:

> I'd bet that such arrays actually exist ... some where.

Hi Guys,

For 160-meter DX'ing here I use a three element phased array---each inverted
"L" in the array is extended (approximately 170' long) and arranged in a
triangle, 1/4-wave apart. I use RG-6 TV cable for both feedlines & phasing
lines, and use 135-degree phasing for maximum (theoretical) gain...

It seems to work well enough: in the 5, or so, complete seasons that I've been
using it I've gone from some 80 DXCC countries worked on the band, to 148...

So yes, there is a a wide variety of antennas in use out there, not all of them
featured in THE ARRL ANTENNA HANDBOOK, either...!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ