Re: [TowerTalk] FAA & Towers

To: 'William Hein' <bill.aa7xt@gmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FAA & Towers
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:02:40 -0500
Just FYI, here is tha standard way aircraft approach and depart an airport:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airfield_traffic_pattern

At an uncontrolled airport, this standard pattern is the way pilots (who may
lack 2 way radio and have only an altimeter, compass and their eyes as
navigation aids) avoid running into each other.

Al
AB2ZY