Re: [TowerTalk] M2 20M5 SWR measurements

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 20M5 SWR measurements
From: Stan Stockton <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:00:35 -0600
Jorge,

Unless you have 50 ohms and no reactance at the driven element terminals at
both frequencies (which you do not have) your coax will provide some
transformation at the other end.  I assume your coax is .66 velocity factor.
Try another test.  If you can, add a jumper that is about 14.5 feet long to
your 8.35 long one for a total of about 22.5-23 feet or replace the 8.35 one
with one that is about 23 feet and see if you get results more like your
original SWR readings.  The reading you would get at the input to the antenna
will repeat about every 23 feet at around 14.100.

How much coax is between K3 and PWMaster?

Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad