Re: [TowerTalk] Tower lawsuit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower lawsuit
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 12:32:36 -0700
Exactly ... you've agreed to it.  That's why it isn't in any way, shape,
or form a "dictation".   Nobody forced you to do it.

It's not even the government that establishes the restrictions.  It's a
collection of neighbors (or a developer acting on behalf of future
owners) that creates and modifies the list of restrictions, although
many local governments have given such associations the authority to
establish such restrictions in an organized manner.   Essentially, it's
a group of people who tell you that if you want to live in the area
bounded by their authority that you need to adhere to certain guidelines
they have established in an effort to control the esthetics of their
environment.   They don't force you to agree to them ... you are free to
buy elsewhere.

I still can't grasp the perspective that makes you unable to understand
this.
Dave   AB7E