Re: [TowerTalk] Tower lawsuit

To: "Kevin Normoyle" <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower lawsuit
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:47:42 -0800
Kevin Normoyle wrote:

> A 60' guyed tower doesn't have much money invested so far, in the scheme
> of things.
>
> Go talk to the neighbors and find out what there concerns are. Propose
> taking
> down the tower, cutting down some trees in the back and moving the tower
> back as
> far as possible. You could probably get away with making it higher then.

Get a 55 foot motorized pipe tower with a small uncluttered beam like
a 2 element SteppIR and keep it cranked down when not it use.
I had a setup like that in Cupertino, an extremely expensive
area, and had no issues with the neighbor's "view".  It wasn't
like the neighbors never complained.  They complained about a
lot of stuff I did, but never the tower.  Why push your luck
with a guyed lattice tower?

Rick N6RK