Re: [TowerTalk] Tower lawsuit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower lawsuit
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 10:51:24 -0600
On 2/4/2012 9:23 AM, Ken wrote:

  And, as has already been noted, if you have a defective tree and do
not take care of it, you can be sued if it causes damage. Ken WA8JXM

More likely is the neighbors insurance company paying for the fix then
suing either you or your insurance company to make them whole. Either
way somebodies insurance rates are going up if not having the policy
cancelled.

Unrelated note, we had a 70' long leaf pine in our front yard. An ice
storm took one limb off and in the process hit our roof causing damage.
Insurance paid for the repairs but a week later sent a letter stating
they would no longer cover ANY future damage caused by that tree. Cost
another $2K to take it all the way down.

I have never seen a tower designed for self support fail at the base and
lay down full length. I don't think they're engineered to fail in a
certain spot either. I have seen them fail anywhere from 1/2 to 1/3 from
the top. I can't imagine something like an AN Wireless tower failing at
the base where it is anywhere from twice to four times wider than the
top and bolted to several tons of concrete. All that assumes the "Prime
Directive" was followed.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H