Re: [TowerTalk] An easy question for the experts on this list

To: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] An easy question for the experts on this list
From: Robert Morris <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 23:19:14 -0500
Think it's just the way my brain works.
I listen to guys at the club running out to buy Buddi Poles and that Iso loop
whatever and think they are headed for Honor Roll.

My first thought is how can I make it. And yes, I've spent more money building
than buying, but had fun and leaned something.

On Feb 4, 2012, at 10:33 PM, K8RI wrote:

On 2/4/2012 6:31 PM, R. Morris wrote:
> I'm not so sure a Ringo would be better than a dipole.
Better? Unlikely, but much easier to put up and it's strongest point is
he already has one.
Performance would likely be pretty much equal long haul. Not great
compared to one of the big Yagis but when six is open you can work the
world on a wet noodle.
I had excellent results with just an AV640 with a few openings during
this past quiet period, but I believe it's now suffering from an
inability to handle near as much power as they say. <:-))

> Most folks, at the bottom of the band, are horizontally polarized. (At
> least their antennas)
Which makes little difference out past a few hundred miles.

73

Roger (K8RI)