Re: [TowerTalk] Tower section assembly question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower section assembly question
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:06:14 -0400
Personally, and I have put up and taken down a thousand feet of 25/45/55
tower, I would not put a drop of grease on them. Sooner or later it is on
you, your belt, gloves and whatever.  Others have mentioned other anti-seize
compounds, powders, creams, and ointments. Too each his own. I hose out the
legs to make sure they are clear of...stuff. And always run a ground rod or
something SOLID straight through the leg to make sure the last guy didn't
leave the BOLTS up in the leg as they were shipped form the manufacturer.
Funny how many times you will find them, still up there.  But in my case I
avoid the lubes but have used a little WD-40 which will eventually wash off
if it runs out.  Good luck in any event.  -M