Re: [TowerTalk] Information

To: Mark Robinson <markrob@mindspring.com>, Jim <dearborn9@sbcglobal.net>, towertalk@contesting.com, Dan Schaaf <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Information
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
If you will do a "show all" on the message, it will usually show which IP
address the message came from.  I ran into the same problem when I had dialup
several years ago, someone was using my e-mail address.   But I was able to
track the person down because I was using dialup and dialup changes the IP
address (at least it did then) each time you sign on.  The IP address that came
back with the message attributed to me I was able to track to a ham who
apparently had an infection in his computer because this same IP address kept
coming back every time, while my IP address changed each time  I signed on.

Tom, WW5L