Re: [TowerTalk] Information

To: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Information
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:16:00 -0400
If I knew how they got it, I could report the situation accurately to my ISP
and email server.

I think a temporary malware got into my PC via an attachment or some other
internet mechanism. Something that can read Outlook Express files such as my
password and address book.

I have scanned my PC with Norton, Avast, Malwarebytes and MS Security
Essentials and nothing comes up. That plus changing my email password so far
seems to have eliminated the problem. That tells me that the problem is
being transmitted , not from my PC but from somewhere else. But , you know
how it goes, speak too soon and you look like a fool.  I can only say that
until now, the problem has stopped.

What happened to you did not require your password since they were not
sending emails to other people using your email address. Many times, email
addresses are required to open accounts just so that the company can contact
you.

In my case, spam emails were being sent from my email address to everyone in
my address book and that requires my email password.
My customers, my friends, my Yahoo Groups, everyone in my address book. And,
since my own address is in my address book, I would always get a copy of the
spam sent to me also.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com